Thursday, May 27, 2010

Catcitement!

I finally worked on the side of our house we don't usually see. The bed there needed weeding and mulch, since it has never been mulched. After two-and-a-half hours working on the bed, Jesse came around to tell me all three kittens and Momma were in the garage. Well, that's just dandy! We spent the next twenty minutes trying to get them out.

We managed to scare Oreo out, but he was the only one. Honestly, I gave up and went back to finish the bed I was working on. When I came inside I closed the garage door thinking they would get hungry and want out. Ten minutes later I opened the kitchen door leading to the garage. Momma came rushing over to me. I opened the garage door again, but she still did not take the kittens out. But. Big but here. I saw the unnamed kitten, so the race was on to get them out. I think, in all, it took an hour.

The unnamed kitten went first. He would run toward the door then cut back to the back wall. Irritating! I finally knelt down in the little opening where he kept running and bam! I got him. He/she was not thrilled. It tried scratching a bit but I talked to it quietly the whole time I was walking it to the front porch. Then it ran straight for their hiding spot where Oreo had been since his own garage adventure ended. Now, Coal was different. Coal is the runt of the litter and apparently a little angrier than the rest. When I finally caught it, it kept arching its back to turn toward me to hiss. It hissed at me for half the walk to the porch. Not a long trip, but it was clawing like crazy and hissing. Not very nice for someone trying to save his behind.

I think Momma didn't realize Oreo was out because as soon as I had the unnamed cat and Coal out she went right back into the garage. I picked her up and walked her to the porch. I told Chloe to close the garage door as soon as Momma and I were out so none of them would race back in there. Momma went up on the porch and meowed. Oreo's little face poked out and Momma sniffed. She seemed satisfied then laid down on the porch. Catciting!

No comments: