Friday, June 24, 2011

Sick one

Tuesday started out well, but in the afternoon Chloe started complaining about a sore throat. Wednesday morning she woke barely able to speak. By the end of the afternoon she had a low-grade fever. Thursday morning more of the same, but John and I felt she needed to see the doctor.

The doctor said her throat was slightly red, but she couldn't see her ears because of the wax. The nurse flushed out her ears and I have to say I was totally amazed by the amount that came out. The poor child, after one ear was cleaned, was elated, "I can hear!" Well, I didn't know she couldn't. I felt horrible.

So after the ear cleaning, the doc looked again and sure enough she had an infection in the right ear. Ten days of antibiotics.

1 comment:

April said...

Gosh, Good thing she went to the doc. No fun! I hope she's feeling better soon!