We have a ton of things going on, as usual. Our Nature Classes that we have loved for over year are changing. They hired a new teacher and I'm not sure we, as a group, are going to stay. He says he is a homeschool graduate, yet most everything he says goes against what we, in our group, believe to be a good education. He may get tossed to the side; we are still making up our minds.
Last week I spent most of the week not going...anywhere. I had a touch of vertigo. Really, can you have a "touch" of vertigo? Anyway. Because of it I was forced into finding a local doctor. I'm sure my doc in Edgefield will be relieved to know I now have someone close, but I hate starting over. He knew everything there was to know and I liked him. :( The new doctor seems nice. A woman. Not sure how I feel about it but John is very relieved! I have to go back in a couple of weeks to make sure I'm good and double check my blood pressure (it was REALLY high). I had fluid built up behind both ears, which was causing the vertigo. I am very happy we caught it before an infection set in. Whew!
John had a four day weekend due to the Columbus Day holiday. He also spent all of last week working at another location, so I think he is looking forward to being back in his own office tomorrow.
The girls are doing well in school, though I admit with John home as much as he has been lately we are a few days behind schedule. I find it difficult to look at the calander and know I cannot add days to it. It is pretty well set on 365 days. Darn it!!
Taekwondo is going well. My Tuesday classes have been going smoothly so far. My only problem is Alex and I really wish he were Mike's problem. :) I am now a paid instructor. It is not much, but I am happy Master Mike believes in me enough to allow classes to continue with me at the helm on Tuesdays. Jesse and Chloe would have been devastated if classes were closed.
Most other things are unchanged. Jesse is still volunteering at the library. We are still homeschooling, and loving it...most days (not today). And I still have laundry that needs to be done. Somethings never change. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment