We have been having technical difficulties here in that the internet keeps going down. Therefore, I have not been able to post. So sad.
Saturday we went up to see my parents. We had a good visit. The girls made dumplings we Grandma. Hank and Rosie were doted on Grandpa. John ate three or four bowls of dumplings, so he was happy too.
Sunday, John and the girls decided they wanted to try a new restaurant we saw on the news a few weeks back. It is The Lost Cajun. I admit I was not sure what to expect. I did remember they brought out samples for you to try. I'm so glad they did! So much was so tasty. John had the seafood gumbo. Chloe had catfish (yum). Jesse had one of her favorites, a po'boy. I had jambalaya. Of course we all had to try a beignet. They were fresh and steaming hot. Delicious!! We will be going back, just not too soon.
Monday was John's day off and the day we spent the most of the day on the internet situation. Yes. It became a "situation". It is not so easy to homeschool without the internet. I knew books were due at the library, but not which ones. I am also trying to plan a Tupperware party and emails are very helpful planning.
Tuesday was us getting back to "normal". We finally went to the commissary after not going for a month (everyone was asking where we'd been). School work was completed. Library books returned and picked-up. Then off to taekwondo. I am looking forward to getting back to our schedule. I feel like when we take "breaks" everything goes nuts.
1 comment:
Yum, dumplings and cajun food! I like the tkd breaks because then I don't have to look at the gear laying all over the place ;-)
Post a Comment