Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perspective...

Nothing gets you more focused on what is good in life than bad news. I've decided what I really want for myself, my kids and John is for us to focus more on what makes us happy. Really, when you think about human life, it is just a speck in time. In the scheme of things, we just don't live that long (even a long life of 104 isn't that long). So, why dwell in misery and anguish. In theory it sounds great, but I know it is going to be hard for me. I'd like to make some sort of list and put it by my bed. A list of happy thoughts or good advice (I'm not sure yet), with the goal of reading it in the morning before I even get out of bed. I've have been so focused on our physical state (eating well and exercising) that I've missed the most important...our emotional state. While we spend a lot of time together, we don't always spend our time "enjoying" each other. Not enough laughter in our lives, because isn't there always room for laughter? So, I'm going to find a way to start, not just living a better life, but enjoying life more. I certainly don't want to look back and say, "What if..." about anything.

To my family and friends:
I don't say it often, or ever to some, but I love you all for touching our lives the way you do. For caring about our family the way we care about yours. For all the times, I need a "pick me up" and you find yourselves there to help. I hope you all know if you ever need a "pick me up" I'll find a way to be there. I love you.

2 comments:

Sonny said...

Welcome to the club, Marsha! Life is short. Enjoy what we have and stop stressing over the little things. I understand what you mean by saying "where did all the fun times go". I was talking to an old friend the other day and told him he was doing the things I wish we could do. His reply was "Sonny, it's out there. You just got to pack up the family and go." Easier said than done, huh?

marshamor1 said...

Yes, it is. But you know what? I'm trying very hard. Life is very short and very unpredictable and I don't want to continue to take things for granted. Find a way Sonny. Its as simple as that, "find a way." It is out there and only you are stopping you (just as I was stopping me).