Saturday, July 2, 2011

School's out!

We are finally, officially, out of school for the year. Really we are considered year-round homeschoolers, because we take so many breaks during the year. The girls are very excited to be out for the next three weeks, especially since John is on vacation this week. Perfect timing!

The big news is we have a pool. No not inground or even above ground, in a way. It is one that as it fills with water the pool rises. No it is not fancy but when we get it ready we'll all be cooler. :) So no more debating to get one or not. It is here and simply needs a place to live, until autumn. The girls are beyond excited.

The house is reorganized...again. The excpetion are the girls rooms; I am leaving them fully in charge now. I cannot bare to help them clean their room one more time. They are almost ten and eight. I've been "teaching" them how to clean for that many years and I'm done. They know if I cannot walk through their rooms I will get loud, so hopefully they will keep it a little cleaner.

I still have a few things (i.e. master closet) I want to work on during our break. I also have more planning to do before we start back on the 19th; and I have to send in our paperwork for the year we just finished. The majority has been done on both I just need to finish everything.

No comments: