I am very happy to report my hostas are coming back out, along with my hydrangea. They are on the side of the house I am rarely on, so I've been a little afraid of looking to see how it was going over there. I was more worried about weeds. There are a few, but not to many.
Three of my azaleas are back. One was on the wrong side of my hydrangea tree last year and just didn't get enough water. I didn't realize it until it was too late. :( But the hydrangea tree is all green again too.
I had another idea this afternoon. (Not sure where they are all coming from lately, but I'm not going to complain.) We were going out to dinner tonight and I looked at the flower bed at the outside corner of our fence and thought it would make a great bed for azaleas. I told John what I was thinking and to my amazement he quickly agreed. Yeah! So, while we were out tonight we bought two more azaleas. I am going to move the one beside the hydrangea tree and that will give us five for the bed. Not enough, but a start.
I am very sad to report my irises did not come back this year. My Dad and I were talking about them the other day, and today, and we just have no idea why they did not come back up this year. I'll have to figure something else out for that bed. :(
Some of the girls plants from last year actually survived. I'm not sure how many, I have not been out there yet, but they tell me some are popping back up. I am taking over the girls gardens. Well, not fully. But I'm going to help them redesign them.
John is taking over my vegetable garden. I'm not sure what, if anything, he is going to do with my strawberries and blueberry bush but we'll see. I am excited to see what he is planning. We have discussed it a bit, like he is taking over, but not really what he plans on doing. I'm sure it will be great whatever he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment