Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Year?!

Actually, it has been more than a year since my last post. Too many things have happened to even attempt to catch up.

Both girls have started high school now. Yes! Both of them. I can hardly believe it myself. Our school year has started a bit bumpy from this and that. My Mom breaking her hip was the biggest. I was not prepared for our new school year when it happened in June, so that set us back a bit. Then of course, there was the Battle of the Books at the library and all the rehearsals for "Anything Goes".

We went to our second Comic-Con this weekend. This one was here in Columbia and much smaller than our first (MegaCon in Orlando). But it was fun. The girls actually went in costumes for this one and we had fun seeing all the vendors and their wares.


Today, we had a family reunion. My Mom's Father's side of the family. As the years go by these reunions get smaller and smaller. My generation just does not seem as interested in knowing the extended family like our parents' generation. The best thing today was my Mom's cousin Brenda gave me her pie recipe. It is an egg custard, which I didn't think I'd like but tried it a few years ago anyway. It is so delicious! And today she shared the recipe with me. How lucky am I?

No comments: