Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Getting there?

I think our (my) goal to reorganize is coming along. We now have one shelf done in the classroom closet and it, alone, has made a big difference. We decided to add a shelf per paycheck. Sounds weird but that way I can live with one shelf, two shelves, etc., for a couple of weeks to know if I really need another one or not. I know I need two, but from there, I'm not sure.

School is going okay. Jesse is great as usual and so is Chloe, except for math. Chloe is struggling with multiplication and division right now. I think it may be the lack of book work the last few weeks with all of our field trips and yard work going on. We still have a good bit of work to do before the end of school (and maybe beyond a bit), but I think she'll get back on track soon.

Cal (our injured kitten) is still in the house. His leg is healing nicely and he is doing a bit better about not meowing, which is good when you are trying to do school work. I am hoping when I take him back Monday they will say he is good to go back outside. I know he is missing all the other cats and I'll be glad not to have kitty litter duty.

I cannot recall if I mentioned this. John has been thinking about painting the classroom. It is one of many rooms that needs painting. Face it, flat paint is terrible and that is what is on most of our walls right now. The fun thing is he liked the laundry room so much, he is thinking of painting the classroom the same color! It would definitely make it brighter in here for school and everything else we do here. I'll keep you posted on that one.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I didn't make it back to the library to say Congrats on 14 years! That picture of J and C on the side bar is so funny. The look on J's face cracks me up.

Marsha said...

Thanks, Courtney!

I know! Jesse feels Chloe should "know" she loves her, but Chloe insist that Jesse "show" it. It is fun to watch.