My finger is healing, but very slowly. I can now type with both hands but cautiously. The only pain remaining is from the swelling that is still there.
So, what has been going on in the Morgan household? Not much. School is still progressing. The girls are still growing...right out of their pants. And the house remains in constant reorganization. We are still working on getting everything settled from moving the girls upstairs. I know that was months ago, but there are still things to be moved and new homes to be found for some objects.
My mind however is on our yard. When we built this house two years ago, only part of the front yard was sodded. We finished sodding the front yard up to the front corner of the house. The problem is when they were building our house they decided to build a house on the lot "up" from ours, so they cleared it. They cleared it then built the house "down" from ours. The problem is the sand coming down the hill from the other houses, when it rains it is insane.
It took us three months to get the developer to put a silt screen up. There is now a four to six inch difference between our side of the silt screen and the other. That is a lot of movement of earth from the rain. The new problem: the silt screen breached about a month ago. Now part of the front yard is covered in sand again. I woke up at 3:30 hearing the pouring rain and instantly thought of the front yard. Needless to say, I could not get back to sleep. Dry/vac-ing the front yard is in my future, but first we'll have to figure out the silt screen replacement.
After two years, I'm just tired of worrying about it. I want a pretty yard. My Dad's yard has always been one of the best in the neighborhood. I want that. Right now it seems very far away. If the silt screen were the only issue I'd be happy but the backyard looks like it did when we moved in. A blank acre seems like a good idea until you start calculating costs of moving dirt, knocking down trees, building a fence, etc. I know we'll get it done. I just need to think in baby steps instead of thinking of the whole picture at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment